SomedayMaybe

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I am sick, so forgive me

for this fluffy kitty shot:



You think she's cute? Look at that intense yellow eye: she's the bitchiest, most demanding, most loyal & affectionate cat in the world. Fifi is no nonsense. "Get over here and start petting me now. My predetermined place is in your lap, so sit down & fold 'em." She's also a fierce watchcat. In the evenings she sits on my lap a bit and when she's had enough cat massage, she positions herself on the rug facing the door to protect her territory and her people.

and this flower shot (whee! (hands clapping))



I like lilacs; lilacs are my favorite. In this photo they're not open yet, which means they're not almost already gone.

Is there anything as sapping as a full blown cold? I made it all the way to May before getting one. My head feels packed in styrofoam. I sneeze. Food is tasteless. My guts feel like they're processing cement. I want to stay in bed with blankets over my head. But I can't. My employer doesn't hand out sick time. If you take time off to be sick, you're paying in vacation time. So I take it one step at a time; I don't think of it as going to work. I think of it as getting out of bed. Then I think only about showering. Then I think only about getting Sidekick on her way. Then I think only of standing at the bus stop. I wear enough layers that I don't feel the cold and the rain. One foot in front of the other. Pick 'em up and lay 'em down. Repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home