SomedayMaybe

Friday, February 24, 2006

Here is something you need to know about me

It seems I'm unable to hold a camera straight to save my life.



But I like these backlit clouds. This little park looks so clean. I think it's because there was a brutal wind this morning-- everything without roots or not made of stone was swept away. Later on, the light faded and the sky became more uniformly overcast, until just before sunset... the clouds were no match for the wind that was twice as strong near evening. Plus, I'm sure a few of them froze in place and fell to the earth as microscopic ice crystals.

Another thing about this picture is that the city looks deserted. I believe there was a normal amount of traffic on the Charlestown Bridge: buses, trucks, cars, bikes, people. The sidewalk & roadway near the middle of the bridge are made of metal mesh, so while you're walking you can look down and see the water. This photo, however, looks like the dawn of a day when everyone stayed planted indoors in their beds so the wind could blow really hard and not inconvenience anyone.

From looking at this picture I'm sure you're wondering why I walk to work. Why not kayak? It was my intention to do that at least once, but kayaks and canoes and stuff like that are not allowed near the spillways by the Museum of Science dam and the locks. Some nonsense about being sucked into the current or something. How cool would it be if you could, though? You'd have to bug the parking office about where to park your boat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home