SomedayMaybe

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The shell of the jail

Now that the weather is warming up I can wander farther without physical suffering. I've been watching the transformation of the Charles Street Jail. It's been stripped down to a shell... no floors, no walls, just the stone exterior which is looking really good. I'm not sure if it's going to be a hotel or a medical building. The proportions are great.



That torchiere-looking streetlight really bugs me.




It started out overcast yesterday but cleared up by noon. The sky was bright with finely drawn clouds. I was out earlier in the evening than usual, and practiced shooting from the hip. Here is another homeward bound shot. If I turned around from this point I'd be looking at the jail.




In the afternoon, when it was warm and sunny and everyone was happy, I got a couple of great shots from new perspectives. I'm all about the jail right now, though. The other shots deserve their own post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home