SomedayMaybe

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Starting the day above freezing



The temperature's going up but we're going to pay for it in wind tomorrow. I'm getting a jump on the day... it looks like today will have a wet newspaper sky so I'm posting from my wet newspaper sky archives. (note: it's not exactly wet newspaper sky... less textured, more opaque) We did have the light band at the edge of the sky like in the photo today.

I'm happy that the seasons are changing but you always gotta worry about what's coming up. If I expect weeks & weeks of cold rain and strong winds, hopefully there will be no unhappy surprises. At least it's not finger-achingly cold indoors without the heat on anymore.

As I was walking I was trying to think of what kinds of things can be photographed well under an overcast sky. No glare, no shadows, no bright reflections. It can't be the end of the line for a shadow photographer. I came up with colors. I looked for bright colors or subtle colors which would wash out in contrasty conditions. It's not easy considering the environment. It's very easy to take black & white pictures without black & white film (or digital effect) around here. Let's see if I have any success.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, Blogger Indri said...

Neon also shows really well against overcast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home