SomedayMaybe

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Zakim



The area around the bridge is so complicated. I think it seems less so for drivers on this and other bridges. There is still a lot of construction activity around the ends of the bridge. I know at one point plans called for Paul Revere Park and the Museum of Science to be connected by a bike path but I'm not sure where exactly it is supposed to go. Last year there were machines that did the same thing as wrecking balls but under the water and I was hoping they were clearing the way for the bike path supports to go in, if the path will go over the water like the one under the BU bridge.



On the Boston side between North Station and the Charlestown Bridge, the empty gray, dusty & concretey area above the tunnel has been fenced off forever. Yesterday I was surprised to see workers installing huge granite blocks-- to me granite means people might be having a close look at the area, even though it seems very perilous to be venturing close to the point where the Big Dig takes a steep turn underground. I have heard that it might be the location of the new skate park. That would be awesome. What would be even more awesome is if the whole Zakim/underground artery thing could be closed to traffic for a day so skateboards and bikes could ride it. Hey, we want our turn on the eighty bazillion dollar project! I would love to ride this part of the roadway. Downhill, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home