SomedayMaybe

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Feather Sky and Broken Steps



Today I took many pictures of trees covered with golden buds and none worked out. They were either out of focus or just not right. When I was heading back home I got this shot of a blue sky with feathery clouds. Now the sun is going down and the sky is full of clouds that look like rolls of cat hair & lint that blow across the floor if your house is drafty and you don't sweep for a year. (and you have a cat like mine :)



On Thursday I walked over the Charlestown Bridge looking for this specific bit of decay. I held the camera through the holes in an old wire fence and aimed it down so I could get the right angle to make it seem dangerous & despairing (although the bright sun kind of blows that mood). It still looks good but it doesn't look like it's going to suck you down if you don't back away because it'll be just a few moment until the metal under your feet follows the steps. From here the water looks green; it doesn't usually. I wonder if someone actually fell through the steps and that's how they broke, or if they gave way in a strong wind, or if they just dropped off.



Yesterday I didn't leave the house at all... I think that's something that happens maybe only once a year. I really wanted to go out; I had been planning to go out, but Sidekick refused. I made her put it in writing. We had nearly nothing to eat in the house and I knew we'd both be bouncing off the walls by 8 p.m., so I made her sign her statement. It kills me to not walk anywhere in a whole day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home