SomedayMaybe

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ignoring the outdoors until further notice


Sick of the cold already. This week is like last week, only colder. I am going to pretend it's not cold for a while.

I know soon it will be a bit warmer and I will think "what was I whining about, here is the warm weather and all is well." Is it wrong to wish that it was warmer NOW? I know it was warm for a while last week; am I being greedy? This will be the warmest day of the whole week according to the five day forecast.




Today I wore so many layers I don't even know how cold it really is. I am wearing: double layer long underwear pants, jeans, Smartwool socks, high suede boots (under the jeans.... tall boots are a very warm layer). On top: long sleeved sports synthetic-fiber shirt, t-shirt, turtleneck, tweed jacket (because I was still cold in the house), and a winter coat that someone who wants me never to mate again bought me but I wear anyway when I need a functional winter coat. Plus, wool scarf, and I have ski gloves and a fleece hat on standby. I was actually not miserable this morning.

Looking forward to the day I'm not wearing a scarf and hat in my house. We are dealing with high gas heating bills by only heating the 3 feet immediately surrounding us with space heaters while we are home & awake. We have blankets everywhere. I usually have a warm furry cat sitting on my lap (I wonder if they are being affectionate, or if they are cold too).

I would move south, if I could only take my entire city with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home